Sunday, December 30, 2012

God, Your Grace is Enough for Me



I am grateful for God’s call for me to become an instrument of evangelization for Him. During my first year of serving as a lay evangelist, I experienced that not only are teaching and prayer important, but pastoral counseling and personally accompanying each catechumen is also very important.  By accompanying catechumens through their journey, I learned that everyone is a unique individual.  Each person has different ideas, anxieties and doubts about the faith. They each have a different image of God in their mind. Many are young and inexperienced, and often were confused and lacked confidence.  Because I am young myself, I depend on God to give them timely help, to help them understand the teaching in my catechumen class, and to receive God’s love and concern through pastoral care. I am praying every day for our  catechumens, and that we all learn to trust God. I know if something is God’s will, it will be done.

As I have seen their faith grow, I’ve experienced God’s wonderful work in human beings. When we are willing to accept God's mercy and grace, the power of transformation shows in our life. I am also happy that through these ministry services, I am growing in social skills and faith life. Step-by-step, I am becoming more mature.

I am also grateful to God for Ms. Shumei Xiao, who was my classmate at Fu Jen Theology and who now works with me at Sacred Heart Parish. As Jesus sent his disciples out two by two (Mark 6:7), we work together to evangelize.  This last year, working together at Sacred Heart and Gwang-ren High School, over forty of our catechumens were baptized. 

The Lord is our fountain and strength, let us give thanks for the grace of God.  I give thanks to our benefactors for all their intercessions and support. Blessed are you who help spread the words of the Gospel.                                    (Lay Evangelist Yi-hua Lee, Taipei center)

No comments:

Post a Comment