Monday, February 1, 2016

Everything is Possible in God
Evangelist Yujye Chang

      I ran into a bottleneck in evangelization at the two parishes I served in April 2014, when I had just started to work as an evangelist; one class was closed and the other one lost a significant number of catechumens.  I was really upset then, because I felt I couldn’t do anything for God.  I asked God: "Dear God, do you really want me to evangelize? I'm not good at socializing with people, I have no particular charisma, and I am limited.  God, I will definitely do it if you want me to, but please prepare the road for me! “

God really did it.  He closed the door, but opened the window at DanShui Parish which was referred to me by a benefactor’s sister Zhende Luo, who then assisted me with the class.

It’s truly God’s blessing that we started the evangelization in DanShui.  Within one month, we started the planning to open formal catechumen classes.  Catechumen invitations went very smoothly, because the seeds of faith in every catechumen were already planted long ago. The Parish Council Chair, Ms. Luo’s younger sister has participated in all the activities, and the Pastor, Fr. Jiaxin Wang often joined the catechumen classes in order to get to know the catechumens.  Because of the participation and collaboration from everyone, the catechumens interacted with us as a big family.  It turned out that seven catechumens were baptized from the first Catechumen class; their families, friends were surprisingly all present at the Baptism.  It was a touching event!

In September 2014, I took over our service at Luzhou Nursing Home. Most residents were from the Center’s neighborhood and were mainly speaking the Taiwanese dialect.  It was necessary to conduct the conversations in this Taiwanese dialect.  The most difficult part of the evangelization was not the dialect (which I can speak) but how to introduce Jesus to them, because they were deeply rooted in the local religion. I recalled I once gave the picture of Jesus to the residents and one old man said it was Buddha; so I had to explain to him that it was Jesus.  Although there have been no baptism yet from this Nursing Home, we will continue working with  them.  I also took over the Luzhou Parish ministry, there were two baptisms from our Saturday catechumen class on May 10, 2015.  We are actively planning a second Sunday catechumen class now. I strongly believe, when it’s God’s will, nothing cannot be done.  What I will do is, just to follow Him!


No comments:

Post a Comment