Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"Momma" Tosca

"Momma" Tosca
By Evangelist Jrli (Tosca) Yin
Mt. 19:29 - And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands for the sake of my name will receive a hundred times more, and will inherit eternal life. This Bible verse has been fulfilled for me through my call from Jesus to be a lay evangelist.
Catholic Friendship Center invited us to offer a catechumen class this past July to help young adults to know the Truth and convert to Jesus. Once again I have had the chance to mingle with these young truth seekers. The attendance has been fairly stable around 14 to 18 people. The Center Director, Fr. Alan Doyle is pleased by my teaching style and method of mentorship. He is now actively planning a second class.
This was very clear to me while I was accompanying them: it is important to lead them to know on whom to depend, what to choose, and to desire the reconciliation between God and human beings. Here, I would like to quote what was shared on the Friendship Monthly Newsletter by one of my students:
I was very happy to learn about the catechumen class in the Catholic Friendship Center, and I had free time to participate in the entire program, because I just graduated from school. This program was taught by Ms. Tosca Yin, and I called her “Momma” Tosca like everyone else did. She is friendly, welcoming, knowledgeable, and walks the talk. We started the search for our inner self according to Maslow’s psychological need theory, then cut into the theme of human nature, and finally compared it to Church teaching. I posted my class notes on Facebook after every class to share this beautiful faith with everyone, and I always eagerly finish reading the handouts in one sitting. I wish the class could go on forever. This is a great opportunity to examine one’s life. I sincerely invite everyone to join us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment