Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Faith is a Relationship

Evangelist Jrli Yin at Taipei Center

Catholic Friendship Center is not a parish and has no registered members either, but her dynamic and function is beyond a parish. Together with Fr. Al Doyle, MM and the Center staff, we made three catechumen classes. The Center not only provides catechumen classes, but also invites catechumens to develop their relationship with God and with their true self through intellective and perceptual activities.


The collaboration ministry between the Foundation and the Center has almost been sixteen months. In addition to the needed daily communication, we also discuss the essence of the evangelism for every catechumen in the monthly meeting, then we decide the appropriate follow-up and assistance for their formation and conversion.


Respect, communication, trust, genuineness, and generosity are the necessary attitudes to minister together. Thank God for joining the two organizations and for inviting young adults and families into His kindness. Below is a sharing from one of our newly baptized in 4/2011, XioNing: Faith is a relationship! What does baptism mean to me?


In the first Catechumen class, I was already for the baptism and felt it was such a long wait for another nine months. I thought baptism would bring a better life and a deeper relationship with the Lord. When it was getting closer to the baptism, I sensed that baptism is not simply a sacrament. It was not a promise of a rose garden, but a response to God’s call. I was willing to share my life with Him and to build a loving relationship transcended by time and space.

Before the baptism, I was a nice and thoughtful impressionist, and found the truth from the changes by time, location, or people. I suppressed and avoided passively to face my pain, sadness, and anger; and those insuppressible pains collapsed with first blow. I was incapable to heal myself.

After the catechumen classes and baptism, I finally understood that the truth is traceable and I can face my emotions and feelings with my new faith; I now believe there will be healing for every weeping tear. When I am worried and lost, I feel there is a love which leads and takes care of me. More frequently, I can experience God’s blessing from love; and my heart is filled with peace. This love relationship does not only invite me into the baptism, but also lead me to a more intimate relationship with God due to my willingness; and His peace and joy fill every moment in my life.

The Lord accomplishes what please Him!” Thanks be to God. His Words have encouraged me and I wish it to encourage others too!

No comments:

Post a Comment