Wednesday, November 30, 2011

From a New Evangelist

Evangelist Lingling Hu at Taipei Center

“To love is to share; love is to offer our best.” I love this quote from Mother Teresa; it fully expresses my desire of serving the Lord. The living Lord watches over me, guides me, and teaches me. Through prayer and group sharing, my relationship with the Lord went deeper and solid.

I joined the Evangelism Center in March this year and was assigned to the Sacred Heart Parish at the city of Shulin. In the past eight months, I started five group or individual catechumen classes. Two more classes will start this month and January next year. In addition, the parish kindergarten principal has been asking us to start a catechumen class for the teachers. It’s in the process now.

There are three sources to recruit catechumen at the parish: parish visitors, parishioners’ recommendation, and catechumen’s friends. I truly believe that prayer is the bridge building a love relationship between the catechumen and the Lord; therefore, I actively motivate the catechumen to have a prayer life so they will develop a deep love relationship with the Lord. As Mother Teresa said: If we pray, we’ll believe; if we believe, we’ll love; and if we love, we’ll serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment